Welcome to the Student Center
Columbia College Chicago’s first-ever Student Center is open to our community of creatives.
The five-story, 114,000 square-foot space is the campus hub for gathering, collaborating, learning and celebrating. The Student Center is a stage, a canvas, a hub for innovation and creativity—a place to Shape What’s Next.
Read more in the college's press release.
About the Student Center
Students conceptualized and planned for the Student Center during the 2015 college-wide “Dream Out Loud” input sessions. That input helped drive the design with the needs of students in mind.
Features include a Maker Space to develop work and learn new skills, music practice rooms and a film-screening room, modern and healthy dining options, gender-neutral restrooms, a fitness center, a reflection room for meditation and prayer, and event spaces for meetings, performances, and receptions. Student employees will also manage activities, hospitality, and other administrative needs.
Highlighted features include:
- A food court offering daily service of freshly-prepared meal options, including vegan and vegetarian items, and rotating concepts for each week
- A full-service coffee shop featuring Brewpoint Coffee roasted in Elmhurst, IL
- On-site catering services available to the entire campus
- A fitness center, open to all students, faculty, and staff, offering an array of fitness equipment and regularly scheduled fitness and wellness group classes (including yoga, spin and HIIT classes).
- A new Makerspace offering a variety of workshops, tools, and equipment
- The Career Center
- Student Life and Activities Offices and work spaces
- Large event center with reception space
- Many meeting rooms, lounges, and activity spaces
- Game room with billiards and ping pong tables
- 2 outdoor balconies
- Music practice rooms
- Study rooms
Student Center Contact Information
754 S. Wabash Ave.
Chicago, IL 60605
Front Desk: 312-369-8000