COVID-19 Testing and Vaccination Information
Schedule a COVID-19 Test
The college offers free COVID-19 testing (Abbott’s BinaxNow rapid antigen test) by appointment only only at the College’s CareATC testing site listed below.
Testing is reserved for asymptomatic employees and students. Vaccinated individuals are able to test as a precaution as long as they are asymptomatic.
On-Campus Testing Location and Hours
618 S. Michigan Ave., 101F
Mondays 7:15 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturdays 9 a.m. - Noon
How to schedule an appointment
Please call 844-766-3775 (phone line is open Monday-Friday from 7 a.m.-7 p.m.; leave a message on the weekends--no appointment guarantee).
Testing for Symptomatic Students
Students who are symptomatic should call the Student Health Center at 312-369-6830 for assistance. After screening by phone or telehealth visit, COVID-19 testing will be available by appointment for symptomatic students at 916 S. Wabash Ave, 5th floor. The Student Health Center offers COVID-19 testing to students who meet the criteria. Please visit the Student Health Center website for more information.
Testing for Employees
Asymptomatic employees can be tested at CareATC as a precaution. CareATC does not test symptomatic employees. Symptomatic employees should be tested at their healthcare provider.
Schedule a COVID-19 Vaccination
The college offers the Moderna vaccine and Johnson & Johnson vaccine based on supply and availability.
On-Campus Vaccination Location
618 S. Michigan Ave., First Floor
How to schedule an appointment
Schedule an appointment online through the VAXQ website.
Students, faculty, and staff can sign up for vaccination at Columbia via VAXQ. You will be asked to enter necessary information and a preference as to the time of day for your vaccination. When doses are available, you will receive an email and text with an assigned appointment day and time. If you have a conflict and cannot make that appointment, there will be a number to call for you to get an alternate appointment.
Vaccination Requirement Info
Columbia requires Fall 2021 students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination for faculty and staff is not required, but is strongly encouraged. For more information on vaccination requirements, visit the Vaccination Requirements website.
- Beginning September 7, unvaccinated individuals seeking entry to a college facility will have to show evidence of a negative COVID-19 test that is no more than two days old.
- Those testing for COVID-19 will have to download Abbott's Navica app so they can show a negative result to Security to get into campus facilities. There will be a separate process to document a negative test for those who do not have smartphones; instructions on what to do will be available at the Campus Testing Facility at 618 S. Michigan Ave.
- Only tests conducted on campus will be acceptable, and only those tests will be linked to the system through which individuals will be able to demonstrate compliance when they enter a building.
- Testing requirements also apply to people who may be vaccinated but have not yet uploaded evidence of vaccination.
- If an individual has tested positive for COVID-19 and been cleared to return to campus by the College, they are not required to be tested for 90 days. Please see the Fall 2021 Return to Campus Plan 90 Day Testing Exception for more details.
To enter college buildings, unvaccinated individuals are required to display a negative COVID-19 test. If you are unable to provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 test via the Navica app, you will be denied entry to the building. Only tests conducted on campus will be acceptable. Beginning September 7, (the day the fall semester starts), unvaccinated individuals seeking entry to a college facility will have to show evidence of a negative test that is no more than two days old.
To prepare for regular testing, download Abbott's Navica app from the App Store or Google Play by searching NAVICA or scanning the QR code below.
What Is NAVICA and how does it work?
NAVICA is an app that you can use when you get tested that allows you to view and share results from some Abbott rapid COVID-19 tests. If you’ve had a recent negative COVID-19 test result from the College’s testing site, you will receive a digital NAVICA Pass, similar to an airline boarding pass. This is what you will share with Campus Security to verify the authenticity of your recent negative COVID-19 test results.
If you do not have a smartphone, instructions on what to do will be available at the Campus Testing Facility at 618 S. Michigan Ave.
For more information on how to upload your vaccination status, visit the How to Upload your COVID-19 Vaccination Card website.