Associate Professor Brendan Riley Publishes "The Digital Age Detective: Mysteries in a Changing Landscape of Literacy"
English and Creative Writing Associate Professor Brendan Riley published his newest book this summer, The Digital Age Detective: Mysteries in a Changing Landscape of Literacy.
The book imagines the figure of the fictional detective as an archetype in the study of modern culture. Riley argues that contemporary detective fiction can help us better comprehend fundamental shifts of the Digital Age – in communication, family, entertainment, society, even the way we think as individuals.
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced
- Columbia Student-Run “Hokin Honors” Exhibit Returns in Virtual Format