Associate Professor Brendan Riley Publishes "The Digital Age Detective: Mysteries in a Changing Landscape of Literacy"
English and Creative Writing Associate Professor Brendan Riley published his newest book this summer, The Digital Age Detective: Mysteries in a Changing Landscape of Literacy.
The book imagines the figure of the fictional detective as an archetype in the study of modern culture. Riley argues that contemporary detective fiction can help us better comprehend fundamental shifts of the Digital Age – in communication, family, entertainment, society, even the way we think as individuals.
- Dance and Cultural Studies Alum Brianna Heath '17 on the Importance of Listening to Your Genuine Self
- Pinball Wizard Jessica Durbala '21 Launches Her First Game
- Art History Assistant Professor Onur Öztürk on Architecture, Decolonization, and Our Intertwined World
- Alum Mary Kate Ashe '19 Promotes Accessibility at SXSW
- SXSW: Columbia College Chicago Students Experience the Ultimate Field Trip