Associate Professor Brendan Riley Publishes "The Digital Age Detective: Mysteries in a Changing Landscape of Literacy"
English and Creative Writing Associate Professor Brendan Riley published his newest book this summer, The Digital Age Detective: Mysteries in a Changing Landscape of Literacy.
The book imagines the figure of the fictional detective as an archetype in the study of modern culture. Riley argues that contemporary detective fiction can help us better comprehend fundamental shifts of the Digital Age – in communication, family, entertainment, society, even the way we think as individuals.
- From Happy Accidents to the Manhattan School of Music
- Fashion’s Take on COVID-19
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia