Associate Professor Jeanne Ellen Petrolle to Publish "Dancing With Ophelia: Reconnecting Madness, Creativity, and Love"
English and Creative Writing Associate Professor Jeanne Ellen Petrolle will publish her newest book in March 2018, Dancing With Ophelia: Reconnecting Madness, Creativity, and Love.
The book is a personal narrative that explores madness through the use of literature, art, and philosophy to achieve lasting mental health without drugs.
English and Creative Writing Associate Professor Aviya Kushner says, “This is an extraordinary book that combines meticulous literary scholarship with memoir. It bravely challenges us to reconsider and reframe mental illness, defined here as an ‘ultimate adventure in selfhood’ that connects to beauty, creativity, and the sublime.”
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia
- Alexis Kirkpatrick BA ’22 Publishes Story “Mr. Forget- Me-Not?"
- Nick Olson BA ’14 Publishes first Novel, Here’s Waldo