Associate Professor Jeanne Ellen Petrolle to Publish "Dancing With Ophelia: Reconnecting Madness, Creativity, and Love"
English and Creative Writing Associate Professor Jeanne Ellen Petrolle will publish her newest book in March 2018, Dancing With Ophelia: Reconnecting Madness, Creativity, and Love.
The book is a personal narrative that explores madness through the use of literature, art, and philosophy to achieve lasting mental health without drugs.
English and Creative Writing Associate Professor Aviya Kushner says, “This is an extraordinary book that combines meticulous literary scholarship with memoir. It bravely challenges us to reconsider and reframe mental illness, defined here as an ‘ultimate adventure in selfhood’ that connects to beauty, creativity, and the sublime.”
- Sarah Uhlarik ’17 Returns to Columbia For Interaction Design MA and Gets Noticed
- Adjunct Professor Kate Wisel MFA ’17 on Chasing Her Dreams
- Elsa Brydalski on How Graphic Design Keeps Her Sharp and Creative
- Associate Professor Jeanne Petrolle’s Story of Writing, Adventures and the Bible
- Honorary Degree Recipient and Renowned Playwright and Actor Regina Taylor HDR ’11 to Speak at Columbia Social Justice Initiative Event