Associate Professor Jeanne Ellen Petrolle to Publish "Dancing With Ophelia: Reconnecting Madness, Creativity, and Love"
English and Creative Writing Associate Professor Jeanne Ellen Petrolle will publish her newest book in March 2018, Dancing With Ophelia: Reconnecting Madness, Creativity, and Love.
The book is a personal narrative that explores madness through the use of literature, art, and philosophy to achieve lasting mental health without drugs.
English and Creative Writing Associate Professor Aviya Kushner says, “This is an extraordinary book that combines meticulous literary scholarship with memoir. It bravely challenges us to reconsider and reframe mental illness, defined here as an ‘ultimate adventure in selfhood’ that connects to beauty, creativity, and the sublime.”
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced
- Columbia Student-Run “Hokin Honors” Exhibit Returns in Virtual Format