Christopher Blake Challenges Health Stigmas in “Tolerance”
In 2016, Cinema Art and Science adjunct faculty member Christopher Blake worked with Calabash Animation to complete “Tolerance,” an animated Public Service Announcement for the Simon Foundation. The Simon Foundation is an organization challenging health-related stigma in society through their national campaign Rude2Respect. The Rude2Respect campaign provides coping skills and resilience training to individuals being stigmatized, in addition to building awareness by creating dialogue for public understanding of respectful behaviors. Blake collaborated with Center for Community Arts Partnerships Teaching Artist and Design alum Donavahn Frierson ’16, who worked on sound design for the project.
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced
- Columbia Student-Run “Hokin Honors” Exhibit Returns in Virtual Format