Christopher Blake Challenges Health Stigmas in “Tolerance”
In 2016, Cinema Art and Science adjunct faculty member Christopher Blake worked with Calabash Animation to complete “Tolerance,” an animated Public Service Announcement for the Simon Foundation. The Simon Foundation is an organization challenging health-related stigma in society through their national campaign Rude2Respect. The Rude2Respect campaign provides coping skills and resilience training to individuals being stigmatized, in addition to building awareness by creating dialogue for public understanding of respectful behaviors. Blake collaborated with Center for Community Arts Partnerships Teaching Artist and Design alum Donavahn Frierson ’16, who worked on sound design for the project.
- From Happy Accidents to the Manhattan School of Music
- Fashion’s Take on COVID-19
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia