Associate Professor of Music Ilya Levinson Composes for ‘Raunchy Little Musical’
Associate Professor of Music Ilya Levinson has composed music for the upcoming musical, Raunchy Little Musical, with lyrics by Owen Kalt and book by Joanne Koch. Levinson has composed original songs for the show, which pays tribute to the irreverent female comic Belle Barth. The edgy musical comedy is peppered with many of Belle Barth’s original jokes.
"What could be more exciting," says Levinson, "than to have a musical with 11 of my original songs, plus my orchestrations, about to get a first-rate production directed by the outstanding Jimmy Ferraro?" Levinson says Sara DelBeato, the actress playing Belle, is already receiving praise "for bringing the fifties comic, who paved the way for Joan Rivers and Amy Schumer, to ‘brilliant life.’"
Levinson’s catalogue includes operas, musicals, various symphonic, chamber music, and film scores. He was nominated for a Grammy as the musical director/arranger and pianist for the new Budapest Orpheum Society CD As Dreams Fall Apart - The Golden Age of Jewish Film and Stage Music 1925-1955.
Raunchy Little Musical
October 6 – November 12
PGA Arts Center
4076 PGA Boulevard
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia
- Alexis Kirkpatrick BA ’22 Publishes Story “Mr. Forget- Me-Not?"
- Nick Olson BA ’14 Publishes first Novel, Here’s Waldo