Office of the Provost Announces 2018 Excellence in Teaching Awards
Senior Vice President and Provost Stanley Wearden has announced Columbia’s finalists for the 2018 Excellence in Teaching Awards.
Full-time faculty members in consideration are American Sign Language Chair and Associate Professor Peter Cook and Fashion Studies Associate Chair and Associate Professor Dana Connell. Part-time faculty members considered for the award are David Antognoli from the Interactive Arts and Media Department and Music Department faculty member and private lesson instructor Peter Saxe.
Columbia’s 2018 Faculty Development Conference will culminate with presentations from each of the nominees on their education processes and core teaching values. All four faculty members are also invited to present a Master Class at next year’s Development Conference.
Excellence in Teaching Award Faculty Presentations
Wednesday, May 23
Ferguson Lecture Hall
600 S. Michigan Ave.
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced
- Columbia Student-Run “Hokin Honors” Exhibit Returns in Virtual Format