Columbia College Chicago Film Launch Awardee Wins at Mindfield Film Festival
The film, which was supported by Columbia College Chicago as a Film Launch Awardee, has been screened at film festivals across the country and won in Midfield Film Festival Abuquerque's Bi-Monthly Competition.
The film follows a 21-year old college-student, Ethan, who navigates his daily life as he struggles to co-exist with his depression. "Part of Me" was directed and produced by Columbia Cinema and Television Arts and Journalism alum Nick Forsythe '20, who has said of the film, "Through [Ethan's] story and everyday life he demonstrates that depression and all other forms of mental illness are a 'part' every person that never goes away. The only thing that sets people apart from one another is how or if they choose to co-exist with it or not."
- Fashion Expert Flora Brunetti is Back: On Teaching, Mentoring, and Taking Good Risks
- Aleksei Borovikov MFA ’22 Gets Class and Passion Projects Noticed in Film Festivals
- Taz Johnson ’19 on Audio Arts and Acoustics and Persevering through the Pandemic
- Journalist Danny Fenster ’09 Detained in Myanmar
- Pax Helgesen ’15 on the Road to Creating Audio for Games