Constitution Day Zoom Event to be Held September 17th
Columbia College Chicago is proud to honor Constitution Day, September 17th, with a Zoom event hosted by Columbia Votes.
Columbia Votes is a college-wide initiative launched by Sharon Bloyd-Peshkin, Associate Professor in the Communication Department. Columbia Votes aims to increase student voter turnout. Columbia students Anna Busalacchi and Ally Longo, who work directly with Columbia votes, will be presenting virtually at the event.
This program is designed to help with the voting process. Topics covered will include registration, voting by mail, and where/when to vote. As Peshkin has said, "We recognize the importance of student voices to the future of democracy. Every vote counts."
Formal presentations will begin at 10:00am and 10:30am, with time for Q&A during each session. Attendees will be able to join and exit as schedules permit. This program is open to the Columbia College Chicago community.
For questions please contact Sharon Bloyd-Peshkin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adjunct Instructor and Academy Award Nominee John Hancock on Fearlessness, Directing, and the Next Chapter
- Columbia Faculty Member Wins Awards for Broadway Show
- From a Wild Zapper to Assistant Professor: How Matthew Andersen Found His Way to Columbia
- Game Developer Autumn Scruggs '20 on the New World of Game Developing
- Ears Wide Open: Perfecting the Art of Listening in Creative Communities