Faculty Member, Alum Honored with 2020 Davey Awards
Business and Entrepreneurship faculty member and Columbia College Chicago Television alum, Justin Kulovsek `04 and his company, JAK Digital LLC, were recently honored with two 2020 Davey Awards for work on Saturday Night Live: The Experience and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s exhibit Stay Tuned: Rock on TV for which Kulovsek served as producer.
Kulovsek was honored with a Davey Award in the category of Best in Show: Digital Content Branded Digital Campaigns – Tourism & Leisure for producing Saturday Night Live: The Experience. His second 2020 Davey Award was in the Gold: Branded Entertainment – Promotional/Branding category for his work on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s Stay Tuned: Rock on TV.
The Davey Awards are said to be the largest and most prestigious awards competition exclusively for the “Davids” of creativity—with David referring to the story of David and Goliath. The awards honor small agencies with big ideas and are judged by the Academy of Interactive and Visual Art, a membership organization of leading professionals from various disciplines of the visual arts dedicated to embracing progress and the evolving nature of traditional and interactive media.
- Fashion Expert Flora Brunetti is Back: On Teaching, Mentoring, and Taking Good Risks
- Aleksei Borovikov MFA ’22 Gets Class and Passion Projects Noticed in Film Festivals
- Taz Johnson ’19 on Audio Arts and Acoustics and Persevering through the Pandemic
- Journalist Danny Fenster ’09 Detained in Myanmar
- Pax Helgesen ’15 on the Road to Creating Audio for Games