Communication & Media Studies Research Network Names Eric Freedman New Research Network Chair
Founded in 2015, the Communication & Media Studies Research Network offers an interdisciplinary forum for the discussion of the role of the media and communications in society.
As Research Network Chair, Freedman will connect the content direction of the Research Network to current trends in the field, advocate for the Network's mission within broader research communities, and steer the Network’s Advisory Board. He will also oversee the annual Communication and Media Studies Conference and serve as The Journal of Communication and Media Studies editor.
In addition to his work as professor and dean, Eric Freedman has authored the books Artificial Intelligence and Playable Media (Routledge, 2023), The Persistence of Code in Game Engine Culture (Routledge, 2020) and Transient Images: Personal Media in Public Frameworks (Temple University Press, 2011). He holds a Ph. from the School of Cinematic Arts at the University of Southern California.
- Columbia Alums Meet With Students at NRF 2023 in New York City
- Semester in LA Amplifies Opportunities for Audio Arts and Acoustics Student
- Theatre Alum Brings Columbia Learned Skills to Center Stage
- Columbia Holds Sixth Annual Hip-Hop Festival
- 5 Questions with Columbia Alum and Trustee Staci R. Collins Jackson