Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf Welcomes ASL Alum Christina Stevens '10 as Board Member
Columbia College Chicago is pleased to announce ASL interpreter and ASL program alum, Christina Stevens ’10, has been named one of the newest board members of the National professional interpreting organization, Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf.
Stevens was inducted to the eleven-member RID Board last month as Region I Representative, serving the Northeastern states of Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia. The board is comprised of the executive board (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Deaf Member-at-Large, Member-at-Large*) and five Regional Representatives.
The RID is a national membership organization which plays a leading role in advocating for excellence in the delivery of interpretation and transliteration services between people who use sign language and people who use spoken language. For more information, visit RID.org.
- International Student Seizes Opportunities After Emerging From COVID-19 Isolation
- A Passion for Philosophy, Piping Plovers, Punk, and Pedagogy
- Dave Pabellon on Being a Design Practitioner and Why He Chose Columbia
- Raising Hearing Awareness Among Future Sound Professionals
- Making Chemistry Shine at Columbia