Dominic Calabrese Creates Publicity Club of Chicago Scholarship Awards
Marking 20 years of teaching at Columbia, Communication Faculty Member Dominic Calabrese has established scholarship awards through the Publicity Club of Chicago (PCC). The two awards totaling $5,000 ($2,500 each) will offer financial assistance to enrolled Columbia public relations students who show outstanding academic promise.
Eligibility requirements for the scholarships include maintaining a B average, having an interest in a PR career, being active in the field, and demonstrating financial need. Eligible students can apply here until November 1.
Founded in 1941, PCC is the largest independent association of public relations professionals in the U.S. The club has a long-standing tradition of community service and in supporting students in the Chicago area. Calabrese, the current president of PCC, created the first PCC scholarships in 1986.
- CTVA Alum Richard Song ’17 on Building His Business
- Students Excel When Following Passions in Columbia Core Curriculum
- Tomas Videla, MFA ’19, on Building a Life from His Love of Music
- Columbia Student Talks About Her Passion for Illustration
- Five Things to Check Out Online During Columbia's Winter Break