Faculty Member Mort Castle to be Executive Producer for New TV Series on Roku’s Terror TV
English and Creative Writing faculty member Mort Castle, in conjunction with Council Tree Productions, will be an executive producer for the upcoming television series Shadow Show. The television series is inspired by the anthology and comics series that share its name.
The initial published anthology features a tribute to Ray Bradbury through stories from notable names such as Neil Gaiman, Joe Hill, Margaret Atwood, and others. English and Creative Writing Associate Professor Sam Weller, who co-edited Shadow Show with Castle, describes the text as a way “to celebrate and honor…all-new, never-before-published takes by a diverse cast of acclaimed writers. The range of contributors in the collection is a testament to Bradbury’s looming shadow and lasting artistic impact.”
The television series is set to premiere next spring on Roku’s Terror TV. Terror TV debuted on August 21 and features free “uncut, unrated, and unreal” horror, supernatural, and thriller movies. Its debut consisted of independent feature films selected from the library of Acort International Distribution. Terror TV’s original content is all set to appear in spring of 2019.
- From Happy Accidents to the Manhattan School of Music
- Fashion’s Take on COVID-19
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia