Alum Ronny Sage’s ShoppingGives Named Finalist for Timmy Award for “Best Tech Startup”
Business and Entrepreneurship alum Ronny Sage’s ’09 ShoppingGives is named a finalist in Chicago’s Tech in Motion Timmy Awards in the “Best Tech Startup” category. Sage is the founder and CEO of ShoppingGives, an online platform that is designed to create
Sage’s ShoppingGives has constructed a free space for retailers and nonprofits to give back to one another through the application of two technologies: an online fundraising platform and the Change Commerce.
“Through our combination of industry-disrupting technology and our strong team of innovative leaders, Change Commerce is ready to make an impact for retailers, nonprofits, and consumers -- and already has,” Sage says. For every dollar made through Change Commerce, two dollars go back to the nonprofits chosen by the retailer partners’ customers.
The Timmy Awards recognizes top tech professionals in the Chicago area. Voting for nominees is open through Wednesday, October 3. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, October 24.
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia
- Alexis Kirkpatrick BA ’22 Publishes Story “Mr. Forget- Me-Not?"
- Nick Olson BA ’14 Publishes first Novel, Here’s Waldo