NBC-Chicago Features Columbia Student NRF Winners
NBC-Chicago features the Columbia students who placed first and second place at the 2018 National Retail Federation Student Challenge Competition held in New York City. Students Ashley Cairns, Blake Fortin, and Kendall McDermott won first place, each receiving a $5,000 scholarship. A second team from Columbia, with students Allison Coppedge, Sara Diaz de Villega, Lane Hedler, and Nathan Procell, won second place, each receiving a $2,500 scholarship.
Watch the video clip from NBC (Chicago)
For more information on this award and other recent student accomplishments in national competitions, see our press release.
- From Happy Accidents to the Manhattan School of Music
- Fashion’s Take on COVID-19
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia