NBC-Chicago Features Columbia Student NRF Winners
NBC-Chicago features the Columbia students who placed first and second place at the 2018 National Retail Federation Student Challenge Competition held in New York City. Students Ashley Cairns, Blake Fortin, and Kendall McDermott won first place, each receiving a $5,000 scholarship. A second team from Columbia, with students Allison Coppedge, Sara Diaz de Villega, Lane Hedler, and Nathan Procell, won second place, each receiving a $2,500 scholarship.
Watch the video clip from NBC (Chicago)
For more information on this award and other recent student accomplishments in national competitions, see our press release.
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced
- Columbia Student-Run “Hokin Honors” Exhibit Returns in Virtual Format