Donny McCaslin Residency Concert
Saxophonist Donny McCaslin will perform at the Jazz Showcase Thursday, March 7 as the culmination of his week-long residency as the Music Department Artist-in-Residence. McCaslin will play a medley of compositions and will perform with several of Columbia’s top student ensembles.
McCaslin is an American saxophonist who has recorded over a dozen albums as a bandleader, including his work on David Bowie’s final studio album, Blackstar. McCaslin is a two-time Grammy nominee. His most recent album, Blow, is described as “a daring fusion of vibrant electronica, and bombastic art-rock.”
The Music Department’s Artists-in-Residence program brings nationally and internationally recognized musicians to Columbia for week-long residencies every semester. The artists lead workshops, master classes, and rehearsals with student ensembles in preparation for recording sessions and public performances. A full list of Columbia Artist-in-Residence performances can be found here.
Tickets for the event are available for purchase here. Tickets can also be purchased at the door, or by phone at (312) 369-8330. Tickets are $5 for Students; $10 for faculty, staff, and family of performers; and $20 General Admission.Donny McCaslin Residency Concerts at the Jazz Showcase
Thursday, March 7
The Jazz Showcase
806 S. Plymouth Ct.
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia
- Alexis Kirkpatrick BA ’22 Publishes Story “Mr. Forget- Me-Not?"
- Nick Olson BA ’14 Publishes first Novel, Here’s Waldo