Six-foot distancing wherever possible when people are occupying the same space is a critical element to maintaining the health and safety of our community, including the Residence Halls. Important: Please review the new Spring Return to Campus Testing Requirements which has information and requirements specific to residential students before they visit campus.
To promote social distancing in the residence halls, each student is assigned one person to a bedroom.
- Laundry rooms and community gathering spaces have been modified for appropriate distancing.
- Guest access is restricted (see below).
- Avoid sharing food in common spaces.
- Wear your face covering in shared spaces at all times.
- Distancing in rooms when possible.
Residence Hall Guest Policy
In order to keep every resident safe, the following Guest Policy is in effect:
- Spring 2021 semester: Guests from within your building will be permitted - up to a total of six people (residents and guests) in the unit. Guests from outside your building will not be permitted in the residence halls for the spring semester.
If a Student Becomes Sick in the Residence Halls
If a student becomes sick, they need to follow specific guidance on reporting a case. In the event a student in the residence halls contracts COVID-19 and does not require being in the hospital, we will house them in a special room. We also reserve rooms for residence hall students who, per CDC guidelines, should self-isolate because they have been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19. These individuals are provided with:
- Some medical supplies.
- Food delivery.
- Wellness checks only for residential students.
Student Health Services and Residence Life staff remain in close communication with these students, whose health and well-being are our top priority.