Dance Department Chair Presentation
All Columbia College Chicago faculty and staff are invited to attend the candidate presentation for the position of Chair of the Dance Department. The candidate has been asked to speak about their previous professional endeavors, particularly in the context of how it might relate to their strategic vision for the department and leadership at Columbia College Chicago at this time. The presenter will have an opportunity to respond to questions from participants. Anonymous feedback from participants will be collected at the close of the event.
Candidate: Peter Carpenter
Wednesday, April 5th
101 Ferguson Hall
600 S. Michigan Ave.
Interim Chair of Dance and Theatre Departments and choreographer, Peter Carpenter doesn’t know the word “traditional.” Whether exploring economic ideas or the nuances of AIDS, he aims to make audiences think—and he takes that attitude into the classroom. In his own words, Carpenter talks about his work, modern Marxism and Columbia College Chicago.
Learn more about Peter Carpenter here.
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced
- Columbia Student-Run “Hokin Honors” Exhibit Returns in Virtual Format