Assistant Professor of Instruction Guy Villa Has Project Selected to Appear in Design Annual 61
Columbia College Chicago is pleased to announce that Assistant Professor of Instruction, Guy Villa, Jr., has had his study project, titled “Sharon and Guy,” selected by the Communication Arts 2020 jury to appear in Design Annual 61 for the professional journal of Communication Arts.
This year, the jury reviewed 2,947 entries for the competition and 126 projects were selected. “Sharon & Guy” is a project helmed both by Villa and graphic designer Sharon Oiga, who teaches at University of Illinois at Chicago School of Design (UIC). Together, their work has investigated experimental typographic form, self-authoring, and self-publishing, among other themes.
Villa, who teaches courses in graphic design and typography, earned his BFA in graphic design and photography at UIC, after which he founded Guy Villa Design. His work has been recognized by Graphis, UCDA, Print Retrospective (DVD), the GDUSA Annual, GDUSA In-House Design, American Package Design Annual, and Creativity International.
The selected projects will be reproduced in the September/October issue of Communication Arts Magazine and online.
- Pax Helgesen ’15 on the Road to Creating Audio for Games
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced