Associate Professor Elio Leturia to Present at the AIGA Unidos Hispanic Heritage Talks
The AIGA (American Institute of Graphic Arts) Unidos Hispanic Heritage Talks series aims to create a space to empower and celebrate the lives, work, stories, and needs of creatives with a Latinx and Hispanic cultural heritage. Associate Professor Elio Leturia will be presenting a talk entitled “The intercultural marriage of text and design.” This talk reveals how Leturia's biculturalism and bilingualism has allowed him to produce creative work as a journalist and a graphic designer.
At Columbia, Associate Professor Leturia teaches Visual Communication, Digital Storytelling, Reporting for the Spanish-Language Media, and Introduction to Journalism. He is also a documentarian, the Communications Director for the Chicago Chapter of the Fulbright Association, and an ensemble member with Aguijón Theatre Company of Chicago.
For more information please contact Elio Leturia at email@example.com.
- Journalist Danny Fenster ’09 Detained in Myanmar
- Pax Helgesen ’15 on the Road to Creating Audio for Games
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia