Graduating Semester in L.A. Students Receive Uplifting Video Message
As the Spring 2020 semester comes to a close, Columbia College Chicago’s Semester in L.A. students are saying goodbye to their teachers and classmates across the country.
To commemorate their time together this semester, SiLA program directors put together an uplifting video for the students.
"As you know this semester got a little derailed, particularly when the L.A. students had to leave housing and return home," said Karen Loop, Associate Dean of the Los Angeles program. "They were pretty defeated. However, they have really rallied this past few weeks and several of them have jobs waiting for them!"
According to Loop, all but three students in the SiLA program are graduating seniors and many plan to return to L.A. to begin their careers after graduation.
You can watch the video here:
- Social Justice Through the Lens
- Columbia College Chicago Hosts 4th Annual Black Arts Festival
- Community at the Heart of Columbia: Musician Hannah Pope Takes the Plunge
- A One-of-a-Kind Ride: Associate Professor Peg Murphy on Communication at Columbia College Chicago
- Transfer Student Vashon Jordan Wants You to Take the Leap