for continuing undergraduate students
The Kamoinge-Ferman Scholarship was established by the Humanities, History, and Social Sciences Department to help defray costs associated with research projects meaningful to the department.
Deadline to Apply: March 01,
We are no longer accepting applications for this year.
The Kamoinge-Ferman Scholarship is open to:
Award based on:
- Full-time students who plan to participate in an approved research project offered through the Humanities, History, and Social Sciences department
- Students who have completed a minimum of 24 credit hours at Columbia at the time of application
- Students who have earned a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- Students who demonstrate financial need through a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Students able to submit an essay on the life and culture of an African-American who lived a life committed to international understanding, solidarity, and/or travel
Notification of the award:
- Academic merit and financial need
- All applicants will be notified by mail by March 31, 2013. We regret that we are unable to give information regarding the committee's decisions over the telephone or by email.
Contact: Department of Humanities, History, and Social Sciences - 312/369-7844 or firstname.lastname@example.org