for incoming students
The Poetry Scholarship was established to recognize the outstanding potential of an incoming freshman or transfer student who intends to major in the Poetry, and to assist him or her in paying tuition and fee expenses.
Deadline to Apply: January 15,
The Creative Writing: Poetry Scholarship is open to:
- Incoming freshmen or transfer students who intend to major in poetry and plan to enter for the first time in Fall 2014
- Students able to submit creative samples of work in poetry
- Students who have a completed Admissions file that is received by the Undergraduate Admissions Office before January 15, 2014
- Students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents
Please Note: It is not necessary to have been accepted to Columbia at the time you apply for this scholarship.
Award based on:
Amount of one-year award:
- Academic achievement
- Demonstration of talent, ability, or accomplishment in poetry
Notification of the award:
- $1,500 ($750 awarded in Fall 2014 and $750 awarded in Spring 2015)
- All applicants will be notified by the scholarship committee by March 15, 2014. We regret that we are unable to give information regarding the committee's decisions over the telephone or by email.
Contact: Enrollment Management Services, Beth Berends - 312/369-3202 or firstname.lastname@example.org