Cross-Curricular Collaboration Fellowship Request for Proposals
All CiTE fellowships proposals are due via CiTE Fellowships page on Moodle by 5pm on ***MONDAY, April 7, 2014*** (new deadline, extended from Friday, April 4, 2014)
Cross-curricular Collaboration Fellowships enable teams of faculty members to create interdepartmental curricula and activities within existing courses that provide students with experience and knowledge across disciplines.
Note: this fellowship will not support co-teaching scenarios, nor the creation of new courses.
Up to three team proposals will be funded at $1500 per faculty member.
This fellowship program is designed to support two or more faculty members working in teams to connect the curricula of their existing courses in ways that mirror the professional world and give students the practical experience of collaborating across disciplines.
- May 22, 2014 (10am - 3pm): Mandatory Fellows Retreat (Please note: We consider the CiTE Fellows Retreat to be an important part of the fellowship experience; thus attendance at the Retreat is required of all Fellows. Failure to participate in the Retreat will result in a significant reduction in the fellowship stipend amount.)
- Summer 2014: Course Development period with mandatory scheduled meetings (at least 3)
- September 12, 2014: Completion of course development. It is intended that revised courses will be offered in spring or fall 2015, contingent upon scheduling and availability.
- September - October 2014: Fellowship Assessment Period
In addition to collaborating to revise course materials and activities that encourage cross-disciplinary collaboration and professional practice for students, all Fellows will also be required to:
- Communicate with CiTE staff and attend scheduled meetings to relay progress of fellowship (at least 3 meetings) during the Fellowship Period
- Compile digital documentation of collaborative pedagogy and practice
- Present fellowship process and results to Department and/or Academic School
- Serve as CiTE Liaison to home Department
- Submit project assessment
For additional information, please contact Megan Stielstra (email@example.com). We encourage questions; please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or ideas you may have.
The Cross-Curricular Collaboration Fellowship is open to any part-time or full-time Columbia College Chicago faculty member.First time applicants strongly encouraged. Though all applications will be considered, preference will be given to applicants who have not received funding from the CiTE in the past 2 academic years. All fellows must be available to attend the mandatory Fellows Retreat on May 22, 2014. Please do not apply at this time if you cannot be available on that date.
Application and Submission Information
2014 – 2015 Review Cycle
Friday, April 4, 2014: Completed applications due by 5:00pm
Monday, May 5, 2014: Applicants notified
Friday, May 9, 2014: Fellows announced at annual Academic Affairs soirée
Friday, May 16, 2014: Written acceptance of fellowship due
Thursday, May 22, 2014: CiTE Fellows Retreat (Note: We consider the CiTE Fellows Retreat to be an important part of the fellowship experience; thus attendance at the Retreat is required of all Fellows. Failure to participate in the Retreat will result in a significant reduction in the stipend amount.)
CiTE Faculty Fellowships are highly competitive. Please read all instructions carefully.
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
In our ongoing pursuit of environmental sustainability, all CiTE Fellowship applications must be submitted as one complete .PDF document uploaded to the CiTE Fellowships page in Moodle by 5pm on Friday, April 4, 2014. (Information about how to combine multiple .PDF documents into one .PDF document can be found here). Applicants will also be prompted to fill out an online form on Moodle.
How to Apply
- Download the full CiTE Fellowship Cover Page and Request for Proposals for full application instructions.
- When you are ready to submit your application, go to lms.colum.edu (You can also access Moodle from the Faculty & Staff web page (http://www.colum.edu/faculty_and_staff.php))
- Log-in to Moodle with your OASIS ID# and password.
- Under “Course Categories,” click on Center for Innovation in Teaching Excellence
- Click on CiTE Fellowships
- Find the Fellowship category for which you are applying and follow the instructions provided