Make a difference at Columbia, and become an Innovation Fellow!
Applications now being accepted for the 2012-2013 Fellowship season.
As an Innovation Fellow, you will—in a team of two—research, explore and develop new and creative ways to enhance the use of technology in teaching and curriculum development. Check out what last year's fellows said about their experience in the program:
Also, check out their specific work in the Innovation Fellows Gallery.
CiTE Faculty Fellowships are highly competitive. Please read all instructions carefully.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
In our ongoing pursuit of environmental sustainability, all applications must be submitted as one full .PDF document. (Information about how to combine multiple .PDF documents into one .PDF document can be found here)
CiTE Fellowship Applications must be submitted as one digital copy (emailed to CiTE@colum.edu) by 5pm on Friday, April 27, 2012.
2012 - 2013 Review Cycle
Friday, April 27, 2012: CiTE Fellowship Applications Due
Thursday, May 17, 2012: Applicants notified
Friday, June 1, 2012: Written Acceptance Due
June 2012 – January 2013: Innovation Fellowship Period
What you need to know about the Innovation Fellowship requirements:
We offer a stipend for each Innovation Fellow of $2,000.00 ($4,000 per team). In return, we ask that they:
Fellowship recipients must/should:
- Identify critical need within college department(s) for technological implementation in education.
- Communicate with—and gain approval from—Dept. Chair(s) and other chief stakeholders in regard to fellowship implementation.
- Communicate with CiTE staff and attend scheduled meetings to relay progress of fellowship. ( Two meetings: May and Sept. Also, a videotaped interview in February)
- Serve as technology resource and CiTE Liaison to home Department
- Submit project assessment and digital materials and participate in video interviews for online Exhibition Space
- Present fellowship process and results to Department and/or Academic School.
Apply for an Innovation Fellowship today!
Got a great idea for an Innovation Fellowship? Terrific! We will need you to fill out an application, available as a word document here. Application deadline is April 27.
As a preview, here are the questions you will be asked to answer:
- Project Title:
- Project Team (Please list each team member’s technical qualifications):
- Description of Project:
- Goals of Project:
- Statement of Purpose (How will this project advance the integration of technology in your discipline?)
- Project Timeline (How will your project be broken down in the June-January timeline?)
- Project Assessment Plan (How will you assess the success of your project?):
- Resource Needs (If you anticipate the cost of your project exceeding the $2000 stipend, do you have departmental or school funds to cover additional expenses?):
Innovation Fellowships make things possible. Watch this video to see how the fellowship made others' ideas possible!
2011-2012 Innovation Fellows
Curious about past fellows' projects? Check some of them out here!
For more information: Contact The Center for Innovation in Teaching Excellence: firstname.lastname@example.org.