Suzuki InstructionThank you for your interest in registering for Suzuki instruction at Sherwood. New students may enroll in Suzuki instruction at any time throughout the year, there is no need to wait for the beginning of a term to begin Suzuki instruction. Just give us a call or drop us an email whenever you are ready to start lessons.
Please note that online registration for new students enrolling in Suzuki instruction is NOT available.
Continuing Suzuki students may register online by clicking here.
If you are a new student, please follow the steps below to join the Suzuki Program at Sherwood:
- Parents new to the Suzuki method are asked to first visit the Suzuki Association website here: https://suzukiassociation.org/teachers/twinkler/. Reading through this website will answer many of the typical questions families new to the Suzuki method may have.
- After visiting the Suzuki Association website, parents may then speak with Nobuaki Tanaka, the Suzuki Program Coordinator at (312) 369-3156, or at email@example.com. He will speak with you about Sherwood's Suzuki program, and will answer any additional questions you may have about the program.
- He will also assist you in selecting an instrument for your child, provide options for instrument rentals, and go over Suzuki class scheduling.
- Once the Suzuki Program Manager has spoken with you, he will have you contact the Student Services Manager and go through the following placement process:
- Contact the Student Services Manager at (312) 369-3103, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- He will work with you to find an appropriate instructor that fits your needs and your schedule.
- He will schedule a 'trial lesson' for you which is a single 30 minute paid lesson. This allows you the opportunity to meet the teacher and have a full 30 minute lesson with no further obligation to enroll.
- If you are unsatisfied with the trial lesson, you may take additional trial lessons until you meet with an instructor that is to your satisfaction.
- If you are happy with the instructor and your trial lesson, you may then register for the Suzuki Program.
- Suzuki tuition will be pro-rated and you will only need to pay for the remaining number of weeks left in the term.
* Please note that if your child is age four or younger, the Suzuki Program Manager will require an in-person interview to asses the readiness of your child for Suzuki instruction.