Suzuki InstructionThank you for your interest in registering for Suzuki instruction at Sherwood. New students may enroll in Suzuki instruction at any time throughout the year, there is no need to wait for the beginning of a term to begin Suzuki instruction. Just give us a call or drop us an email whenever you are ready to start lessons.
Please note that online registration for new students enrolling in Suzuki instruction is NOT available.
Continuing Suzuki students may register online by clicking here.
If you are a new student, please follow the steps below to join the Suzuki Program at Sherwood:
- Parents new to the Suzuki method are asked to first read this FAQ before contacting Sherwood: Sherwood Suzuki Program FAQ. This document will answer many of the typical questions families new to the Suzuki method may have.
- After reading the Suzuki Program FAQ document above, parents may then speak with the Suzuki Program Manager at (312) 369-3156, or at email@example.com. (Please note that Ms. Gonzalez has limited office hours during the week, so please be patient, as it may be a few days before she can respond to your call/email.)
- The Suzuki Program Manager will speak with you about Sherwood's Suzuki program, and will answer any questions you may have about the program.
- She will also assist you in selecting an instrument for your child, provide options for instrument rentals, and go over Suzuki class scheduling.
- If your child is age four or younger, she may recommend an in-person interview to assess the readiness of your child for Suzuki instruction.
- Once the Suzuki Program Manager has spoken with you, she will have you contact the Student Services Manager and go through the following placement process:
- Contact the Student Services Manager at (312) 369-3103, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- He will work with you to find an appropriate instructor that fits your needs and your schedule.
- He will schedule a 'trial lesson' for you which is a single 30 minute paid lesson. This allows you the opportunity to meet the teacher and have a full 30 minute lesson with no further obligation to enroll.
- If you are unsatisfied with the trial lesson, you may take additional trial lessons until you meet with an instructor that is to your satisfaction.
- If you are happy with the instructor and your trial lesson, you may then register for the Suzuki Program.
- Suzuki tuition will be pro-rated and you will only need to pay for the remaining number of weeks left in the term.