1098-T Form

Because you're attending college, you or your family may be eligible for higher education tax benefits. To claim your benefits, you will need a 1098-T form. The 1098-T form is an information form filed with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). It reports the total amount of payments made for qualified tuition and related expenses, as well as other related information.

Your 1098-T form for the 2019 year will be ready by January 31, 2020.

Visit tsc1098t.com to access and print your form.

Access and print your form

Undergraduate, graduate and non-degree seeking students who were billed for courses in the MyColumbia portal may log in to the tsc1098t.com web site using:

First Time User

Site ID: 11449
Username: Your Columbia Office 365 email address
Password: Your Columbia College Chicago ID number

Returning User

If you have logged in during a prior year and changed your password, the password is still valid. Your username is your new Columbia email address as of 9/1/2019. Do not use your former email address with the @loop.colum.edu extension.

For more information about your Columbia email account, visit the Student Help & Support webpage.

Students who were billed for courses in the Columbia Online system may log in to the tsc1098t.com web site using:

Site ID: 11589
Username: Columbia ID number
Password: Last four numbers of your Social Security Number (enter 0000 if you do not have a Social Security Number)

Please note that your 1098-T will not be mailed to you. You are not required to attach the 1098-T to your tax return. If you need a copy of your 1098-T form for the 2016 tax year or prior, contact Columbia Central.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What if I need technical support?

    For technical support, please call TSC1098-T Web Services at 888-220-2540. They can also help with the following questions:

    • What is a 1098-T?
    • What is a qualified expense?
    • What is a non-qualified expense?
    • What do the boxes mean on my 1098-T?
    • I received a 1098-T. Does that mean I qualify for a tax credit?
    • How do I retrieve my 1098-T form from the TSC website?

    TCS cannot provide students with any specific tax advice or speak to any disputes on the transactions reported on the form.

    You can also contact the IRS at 800-829-1040.

    If you are a veteran, you can also contact the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.

  • Who should I contact with questions about the data on the form?

    If you are billed for courses in the MyColumbia system, contact Columbia Central at 312-369-7140 or email at columbiacentral@colum.edu.

    If you are billed for courses in the Columbia Online system, contact the Columbia Online Office at 312-369-5646 or email at advising@online.colum.edu

  • How can I receive an updated form if the SSN/ITIN is missing?

    The SSN/ITIN is missing because you did not provide that information to Columbia prior to the posting of the form. Visit the Resource Center for information on how to submit the Social Security Number Update Form with your SSN or ITIN.

    The IRS will not allow you to claim the tax benefits if your SSN or ITIN is not included on your 1098-T form. When the SSN/ITIN is updated at Columbia, the 1098-T form will be corrected.

  • How can I receive a copy of prior year tax forms?
    Forms for 2017 and 2018 are available on the TCS website. Forms issued for tax years prior to 2017 are stored electronically at Columbia. Contact Columbia Central to request the form.
Academic Dates and Deadlines