Visit Internal Scholarships and click on APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS to access the Photography Department Scholarships Application. Only complete scholarship applications submitted by the deadline will be reviewed by the scholarship committee.
Please follow all directions carefully. Students must submit the following materials to make a complete Stuart Abelson Graduate Research Fellowship application. There are three parts to the application:
PART 1: PORTFOLIO
A submitted digital portfolio of work is required.
- 15-20 images. Work from one or two sustained projects is recommended. A portfolio that demonstrates an ambitious commitment to exploring one subject or idea is an important plus.
- All images may be submitted in one file, but additional upload space will be provided.
Upload your sample in .pdf, .doc, .docx or .jpg format. Note: Upload size limit is 50MB.
PART 2: WORK STATEMENT
Provide a statement describing the work samples you are submitting.
Your statement must be double-spaced and must include your name and MyColumbia ID number in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Please upload your essay in .pdf, .doc, or .docx format.
PART 3: PROJECT PROPOSAL
Please provide the following information about your intended project:
- Project Goal (125 words or less): Briefly describe the overall goals of your project you intend to work on while abroad.
- The location to where you wish to travel.
- Project Description (750 words or less): Describe the artistic vision and purpose behind your proposed project and explain why travel will enhance this particular work. Indicate how this will contribute to and enhance your course of study at Columbia as well as how this might benefit the public.
- Budget Statement: Outline a detailed budget for your project.
- Timeline: Provide a timeline from start to completion of this project.
Your proposal must include your name and MyColumbia id number in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Please upload your proposal in .pdf, .doc, or .docx format.
Access online applications throughInternal Scholarships.